(Vinegar Pickled Round Scad)
- 1 kilo Galunggong
- 3-4 pcs santol
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 thumb sized ginger, sliced and crushed
- 3 siling haba (finger chilis)
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- banana leaves for wrapping (but optional, i just wanted to wrap it coz i love the hint of
- flavor and aroma of the banana leaves
- Clean, de-gut and wash the fish. Drain. Then rub with some salt and pepper.
Wrap the fish with banana leaves.
- Peel the santol, the make some crisscross slits, then you may or may not remove the seeds. But never swallow the seeds cause it might cause some digestive problems.
- In a pan or pot, put the fish and all the ingredients together.
- Cover and let cook for about 15 minutes or until the water is reduced. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas