- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons milk powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar + 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
For brushing the buns:
- 1 beaten egg
To sprinkle on top of buns:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water for about 5 minutes
In a bowl, mix flour, milk, sugar and salt.
- Gradually add egg, butter and yeast mixture and knead, the dough will be sticky, but as you keep kneading, you’ll notice that the dough is getting firmer and won’t stick.
- Knead for 5 – 7 minutes, then cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until double in size.
- Punch the dough and knead it for 2 minutes.
- Lightly dust your baking sheet with flour.
- Form a balls/ loaf buns from the dough and place on baking sheet, cover with wet cloth and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
- After the 30 minutes, brush the buns with egg and sprinkle powder sugar.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown
Credits to: m.facebook.com/saraprasapinas