- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of milk
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- left over potatoes or 2 large mashed potatoes
- Scoop up about 2 tbsp of potatoes into the palm of your hand, form them into a ball, and flatten them out in a circular shape with your fingers.
- Add a good pinch of the cheese in the center, fold the edges of the potatoes over the cheese, and roll them into a cylinder. Set them aside on a plate and repeat this for the remaining potatoes.
- Place the flour into a bowl and add in the paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined. Crack the egg into another bowl, add in the milk, and beat it. Add the bread crumbs to a third bowl.
- Dredge the potato croquettes into the flour. Switch hands and coat them with the egg mixture. Switch hands once again and coat them with the bread crumbs. Set them aside on a plate once again.
- Add a generous amount of oil to a pan. Place the croquettes in, in batch of about 3 or 4, and fry them over medium heat.
- Turn them three times allowing them to cook for about 1 minute per turn or until they are a nice golden brown.
Serve your potato croquettes up with your favorite condiment.
Credits to: cooknshare.com