- 2 lbs. pork belly, sliced
- 4 pieces ripe saba banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or cane vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the garlic.
- Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the soy sauce and water. Add the bay leaves and ground black pepper. Let boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and sugar. Cook for 15 minutes. Note: add water if needed
- Put-in the banana and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com