is another popular Filipino dish cooked in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers as the main vegetables. This dish is generally believed to have been introduced in the Philippines by the Spaniards.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
- 1/2 kilograms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 bay leaf (laurel)
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pour-in cooking oil in a cooking pot or casserole then apply heat. Add garlic and onions( until light brown).
- Add the chicken stir fry, then add salt, black ground pepper, bay leaf, soy sauce, and then simmer for 5 minutes, until chicken absorbed seasonings and produce its own oil.
- Add potato, carrots, green bell pepper, tomato sauce, chicken broth cube, brown sugar, and water.(just add sugar and salt to your taste preference)
- Mix together then simmer for 15-20 minutes under medium heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the heat then serve with rice.
- 2 pounds chicken
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- One 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, roasted, quartered
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a stainless pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides. Transfer the chicken to a plate as they finish browning.
- Saute garlic and onions till softened, about 5 minutes. Place the chicken back in the pan. Add chicken stock, tomato sauce, fish sauce and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then transfer the entire pan to the oven.
- Bake the chicken for about 45 minutes, or till cooked.
- Baste the chicken every now and then. In the last ten minutes, add the roasted potatoes and red bell pepper.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/Sarap-Rasa-Pinas