Creme Brulee is my favorite! Homemade rice pudding and creme brulee, this dish combines the two!
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) long grain white rice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
- Combine water, rice and salt in Stainless (10-in./24-cm) Skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to lowest setting and cover Skillet. Simmer 16-18 minutes or until rice is soft and water is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Add cream to rice. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir mixture for 1 minute. Smooth surface of pudding using Small Spreader. Wipe rim of Skillet clean with damp paper towel.
- Preheat broiler on HIGH 5 minutes. Mix sugars until well blended; sprinkle evenly over entire surface of pudding. Place Skillet as close as possible to heating element (2 in./5 cm). Broil 4-6 minutes or until sugar is melted and bubbly. (Watch closely. If sugar starts to brown unevenly, adjust accordingly.) Remove Skillet from broiler; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Credits to: pamperedchef.com