- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 cup bbq sauce (use your favorite!)
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple slices (including juice) (i used fresh cut pineapple)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ¼ cup oil
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together bbq sauce, juice from the can of pineapple slices, soy sauce, and garlic. Pour half of the mixture into a large resealable bag. Add oil and chicken. Seal bag and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Reserve remaining sauce mixture and chill until ready to use.
- Grease and preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from bag, discard bag and marinade, and grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill pineapple slices along with the chicken, 2-3 minutes on each side til heated through and just beginning to char.
- When chicken is finished cooking, brush with reserved sauce, top with chopped cilantro and serve with grilled pineapple slices.
Credits to: therecipecritic.com