- 1 (1.2 k) whole chicken, deboned
- 1 tbsp fresh calamansi or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 300 grams ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece white onion, chopped
- 3–4 tbsp sausage, diced
- 2 tbsp canned pimiento, diced
- 1 /3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp pickle relish
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 3 tbsp evaporated milk
- 2 slices loaf bread, cubed
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt or as needed
- 1/8 tsp pepper or as needed
- Marinate chicken for several hours or overnight. Keep in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Mix filling ingredients; stuff the chicken. Sew skin of chicken, using big needle and black thread. Tie with a string at 2 inch intervals to keep the shape while cooking. Brush chicken with oil.
- Place in a baking dish with wire rack brushed with a little oil. Bake uncovered in moderate oven (350°F) for 1 1/4 hours or until chicken is cooked. Baste chicken with pan drippings.
- Remove thread before serving. Chill. Slice and arrange on a serving platter.
- Turbo Broiler could be used instead of oven.
- Filling may be cooked in an ovenproof loaf pan (uncovered) without the chicken.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/boots.estrada