Makes 12 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Bake Time: 25 mins
- 40g (1.5 oz) Corn oil
- 10g (0.4 oz) Cocoa powder
- 70g (2.5 oz) Chocolate
- 45ml Water
- 40g (1.5 oz) cake flour (preferred) or all-purpose flour
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Egg whites
- 30g (1 oz) sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- Fresh cherries
- Whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F) and lined muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Heat up corn oil, remove from heat and add in cocoa powder and chocolate, stir until chocolate melted.
- Add in water, flour and egg yolks, well mixed and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar in a large mixing bowl till peak form, fold the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches till fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin pan and bake in preheated oven for 25 mins. Remove the cupcakes from oven once it is cooked and cool completely on a wire rack.
- From the top of the cupcake, make a small hole in the center of each cupcake, and brush the canned cherry syrup in the hole, then stuff a canned cherry inside it.
- Squeeze whipped cream on top of the cupcake and garnish with fresh cherry and shredded chocolate.
Credits to: hoosierhomemade.com