- 1 carrot , grated
- bunch of spring onions, sliced, plus extra strips to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3cm/1¼ inch piece ginger, grated
- 400g block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp each sesame and vegetable oil
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Combine all the ingredients except the oils in a large bowl with some seasoning and mix well. Heat both the oils in a frying pan.
- Grease an 8cm metal pastry ring or cookie cutter and place in the pan. When hot, pour 5 tbsp of the batter in and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook 4-5 mins until golden, then take off the ring (be careful, as it may be hot), flip the pattie and cook the other side.
- Do this in batches, keeping finished patties warm in a low oven.
- Serve with the chilli sauce and extra spring onions, if you like.
Credits to: bbcgoodfood.com