- 1 kilo hito(catfish), clean and cut into serving pieces
- 3 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 pack of tamarind powder or tamarind(sampalok)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 litre of water or rice washing
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fish sauce, salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 bunches mustard greens(mustasa) or pechay
- 3 green chili(siling haba)
- 2-3 Okra (Lady Finger) – remove head crown and slice
- In a pot, arrange hito then pour 1/4 cup vinegar. Bring to boil, drain and set aside.
- Dissolve miso paste in 1 cup warm water, strain and extract juice. Set aside.
- In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
- Add miso juice, water and sinigang mix then bring to boil. Add water if needed.
- Add hito then cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning then add green chili and mustard leaves, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot with steamed rice.
- To extract tamarind juice instead of sinigang mix, boil unripe tamarind until soften then pound and extract the juice.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com