- 500 grams large-sized shrimp
- 2 pieces raw eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil for frying
- Remove head, peel, and devein the shrimp. Tail intact.
- Using a knife, slice lengthwise then open the cut to butterfly the shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, pour beaten eggs then add a littler water.
- In another bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and chopped parsley.
- Holding the tail, dredge the shrimp into flour mixture then dip in egg mixture.
- Dredge again the shrimp into flour mixture then dip in egg mixture.
- Press into bread crumbs to coat evenly. Repeat for the remaining shrimp.
- In a skillet, heat oil then deep fry breaded shrimp for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce.
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com