It all started with the famous corned beef, then followed by corned tuna..(like San Marino). Now, you just gotta be the first one to try this..Corned Pork.
- 1 kg Pork lean meat, cubed (1″ x 1/2″)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt, refined (15.5g)
- 1 teaspoon Curing salt (3.9g)
- 1 ¼ Tablespoon Sugar, refined (13.75g)
- 1 teaspoon Phosphate (3g)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Vitamin C powder (0.75g)
- 1 cup Water, chilled
- 1 tsp Nutmeg (2g)
- 1 tsp Corned beef seasoning (2.8g)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder (2.3g)
- 1/2 tsp MSG (add after flaking) -(2g)
- 2 tbsp Trimix* (after cooking) -(12.6g)
- 1 tsp Carageenan (3g)
- 2 cups Water, chilled
* Add after flaking.
** For every 300 grams broth, add 2 Tablespoon Trimix and 1 teaspoon carageenan previously dissolved in ¼ cup water and boil until it thickens. Add it to 700 grams flaked lean meat to make a 1000-gram product.
NOTE: Remove liquid after curing
- Select good quality materials.
- Cube the meat into 1 x % inch
- Prepare the cover pickle (40° salinity).
- Immerse the raw materials into the cover pickle.
- Cure at room temperature for 8 to 10 hours or refrigerate (34°-36°F) for 1 to 2 days.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 45 to 60 minutes at 15 psi or in open fire for 4 to 6 hours. Mix the cooking ingredients with 2 cups water.
- Flake. Separate lean from stock (sabaw).
- Pack in polyethylene bags and keep in freezer.
Credits to: businessdiary.com.ph