- 1 kg large prawn ~ skinned & veined.
- 1 egg ~ beaten
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cm ginger ~ chopped
- 5 lemongrass stalks ~ sliced lengthwise
- 10 – 15 nos bird’s eye chilli ~ chopped ( reduce or add as you wish )
- 3 – 4 tbsp chilli sauce / Thai chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- cooking oil
- In a bowl, mix together ingredients (A) and let to marinade for 15 minutes.
Fry the marinated prawn in oil until golden. Drain on a separate plate.
- Reduce oil, stir fry ginger and lemongrass until fragrant. Add bird’s eye chilli and mix.
- Add chilli sauce and sweet soy sauce, stir. Add water and salt, allow the gravy to boil.
- Mix in the fried prawns.
- Add mayonnaise and mix evenly. Ready to serve with steamed broccoli on the side.
Credits to: love2cook-malaysia.com