- 1 whole flounder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, finely sliced
- 2-3 stalks green onions, finely sliced
- 1 red Thai chili, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Handful of cilantro/coriander leaves
- Wash fish and pat dry, sprinkle with salt. Cut 3 slits on both sides of the fish.
- Prepare steamer. (My fish was somewhat large I had to improvise with a Dutch oven and a heatproof bowl to sit a large platter). Steam fish over high heat until just cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer fish to a new serving dish. (In my case a baking pan. Don’t have a nice platter large enough to fit the steamed fish.) Discard the fishy liquid that has accumulated from the steaming.
- Scatter sliced green onions and ginger over the fish. Drizzle with the soy sauce and Shaoxing rice wine.
- Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil until smoking, immediately but carefully pour over the fish. It should sizzle.
- Garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves.
Credits to: mummyicancook.com