- 1 whole Chicken, cut into 6 parts (legs, wings, breasts)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sinamak (native coconut vinegar)
- 10 pcs calamansi, extract the juice
- 1/2 cup lime soda (7-up or Sprite)
- 3 stalks tanglad (lemon grass), julienne
- salt and coarsely ground pepper
For Basting Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Margarine or Butter
- 1/4 cup atsuete (annatto seeds) oil
- salt and pepper
- large bamboo skewers
- charcoal for grilling
- In a large bowl, place the garlic, ginger, a small amount of sugar, vinegar, calamansi juice, soda, tanglad, salt, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients then add the chicken meat.
- Lightly rub the marinade on the meat then place chicken in the chiller and let sit. After 30 minutes, turn the meat and let it sit for another 30 minutes. Do not marinate overnight.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, over low fire, heat Star Margarine and annatto seeds. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then turn off heat. Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Skewer the meat. Make shallow slits/slices on chicken on thick parts. Grill over hot charcoal, skin side down, basting it once in a while. As much as possible do not turn the meat more than twice since the result will be drier meat.
- Serve while hot together with steamed rice.
Share and enjoy!
Credits to: centralebacolod.wordpress.com