- 1 1/2 kgs pork pata, cut to serving pieces
- 1 cup of peanut butter (add more if you so desire)
- 1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
- 1/2 cup cooked bagoong alamang (anchovies for side dish)
- 2 pieces onions, sliced
- 2 heads of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons atsuete oil
- 2 pieces eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 bundle of sitaw (string beans) cut to 2″ long
- 1 banana bud, cut similar to eggplant slices, blanch in boiling water
- 8 cups of water or pork stock
- Salt to taste
- In a stock pot, boil pata in water for an hour or until cooked. Strain and keep the stock.
- In a big pan or wok, heat atsuete oil.
- Sauté garlic, onions until golden brown, then add toasted rice, cooked pata and peanut butter.
- Add water or stock and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add the eggplant, string beans, pechay and banana bud. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes – Do not overcook the vegetables.
- Serve with bagoong (shrimp paste) on the side and hot plain rice, enjoy!
Credits to: remit2philippines.com