- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 3 egg whites
Do not add the sugar all at once. Read the instruction carefully.
Over-mixing the batter will affect the texture of the puto.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered milk, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and water. Using an electric hand mixer, mix well until smooth. Then set aside.
- In separate bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream of tartar, the egg whites and the 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
- Combine the two mixtures gently (the mixture #1 & #2), just use fork or hand mixer or spatula in mixing it. DO NOT use an electric hand mixer. Do not overmix.
- Grease the mold cups that you will be using.
- Pour the mixture in the greased mold cups, about 3/4 full.
- Steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the mold cups from the steamer. Let it cool down.
- Remove the puto from the mold cups, then serve.
- Share and happy eating!
Credits to: mayhock.com