I am not exactly fond of pumpkin pie but because of tradition, I just got to have some. But who says it has to be pumpkin?….Sweet potato certainly is up for the challenge.. I highly, highly, highly (you get the point) recommend this. It is soooooo good. Don’t take my word for it. Make it, like right now. Lol!
- 2 cups peeled, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup milk
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the filling, using an electric hand mixer, combine the potatoes, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk and continue to mix.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/bellahskitchen