Budget friendly and yet super delicious menu that your family will love.
- 500 grams ground pork or ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (alternative: crushed sky flakes or any biscuit)
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce(optional)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 large potato, grated
- cooking oil for deep frying
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 cup green and red bell pepper, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 carrots (sliced to desired shape)
- pineapple chunks (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the meatballs ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop and form the mixture into 1 tablespoons ball shaped. Chill it for a while for it to become solid in form (about 15 mins)
- In a frying pan, heat oil and deep fry until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions.
- Add bell pepper then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, pineapple, vinegar, water, brown sugar and a dash of salt. Mix well and let it boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until desired thickness is reached.
- Add fried meatballs and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Credits to: filipinostylerecipe.com