- 2-4 pieces of ham
- 2 english muffins, halved and toasted
- two handfuls of baby spinach
- 4 eggs; poached
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Over a double boiler, mix the egg yolks, lemon juice, worcestershire, salt and pepper. Add in butter a tablespoon at a time, constantly stirring until the sauce has come together. If the sauce is too thick, add a 1/2 t of water.
- Keep warm until ready to pour over eggs benedict florentine.
- While tending to the Hollandaise sauce, poach your eggs, wilt your spinach, and get your English muffins toasted. To warm my prosciutto, I just put the slices over my spinach for a few minutes.
- Layer each half of the English muffin with wilted spinach, prosciutto, a poached egg, and then pour a few drizzles of Hollandaise sauce over the open-faced sandwiches. I like to top ours with some paprika and parsley!
Credits to: feedinganarmy.wordpress.com