- 500g Tuna Loin (center cut)
- 75g Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 10g Spring Onions; shredded
- 5g Ginger; grated
- 25g Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Sauce
- 30mL Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper; to taste
- Chili Oil
- Cut tuna loin into 100g logs and marinate in char siu sauce. Let it sit for 3 hours before using.
- For the sauce, place char siu sauce and stock in pan. Heat to dilute then cool. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pan sear tuna logs in a hot pan for 30 seconds per side. Rest in a cool area for 3 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into sushi style pieces and lay on plate. Sprinkle with spring onions and ginger then drizzle sauce over the top. Top with cilantro and drizzle with chili oil.
Credits to: m.facebook.com/LeeKumKeePh
How to make Char Siu Sauce (homemade)
Yield: 1 cuo
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or 3 tablespoons chinese shaosing wine
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Credits to: food.com