- 8 ounces fresh green beans (2 cups)
- 12 ounces tiny new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced (2 medium)
- 1 Nicoise Dressing or 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cups flaked cooked tuna or salmon (8 ounces) or one 9-1/4-ounce can chunk white tuna (water-pack), drained and broken into chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Hard-Cooked Eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (2)
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed, and patted dry (optional)
- Fresh tarragon (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- Wash green beans; remove ends and strings. In a large saucepan cook green beans and potatoes, covered, in a small amount of lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain; place vegetables in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare Nicoise Dressing. To serve, line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves.
- Arrange chilled vegetables, tuna, tomatoes, eggs, and olives (if desired) on the lettuce-lined plates.
- Sprinkle each serving with green onions. If desired, top each salad with an anchovy fillet and garnish with tarragon.
- Shake dressing; drizzle over each salad. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
Credits to: exquisitegourmetservice.com