Bagnet Ware-Warek of Vigan City
- Pig’s meat and entrails (tongue, liver, intestine)
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Calamansi or lemon juice
- Pig’s brain
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Long Chili minced and de-seed (Siling haba)
- Parboil intestines with sliced lemon or calamansi to remove the odor.
- Parboil tongue until half cooked.
- Wash and clean well the liver.
- Grill intestine, tongue, and liver. Slice into 1” long and 1/4” thick (or your desired sizes), then place in a large bowl.
- Mix the slices of onion and boiled brain.
- Balance seasoning with calamansi juice, salt, and pepper according to taste.
Note: If pork’s brain is not enough or not available, you may use mayonnaise as a substitute. Boil the brain in vinegar and same vinegar that you will use in the recipe.
Credits to: juantamadofw.blogspot.com