Isuzu Crosswind Gets a Revamp – Know it Inside-out – Isuzu Philippines is one of the top five brands of the country and the car that has contributed a large chunk to its high success score is none other than its hulk-like multi-utility vehicle, Crosswind. Many of you must not be aware but the car has been an integral part of Isuzu family for 15 years now and over this period, it has undergone many transformations. One such transformation that revived its beauty and utility front for the ever evolving market demand happened recently, a few months back.
Here in this article, we will take you through its each and every inch, explaining all its attributes on the exterior, interior and performance front in detail. Being an affordable MPV, Crosswind serves various purposes with all its features that an ideal family desires.
Isuzu Crosswind is a shared car among different brands globally and it is available with various names including Chevrolet Tavera, Isuzu Panther, etc. But the car’s basic styling has been kept same in all the iterations, however, each brand has given it their signature design spectrum which is usually followed by them.
Crosswind though is an MPV but it borrows many designing traits that are mostly seen on an SUV.
The car is offered in five variants in the Philippines and the measuring tape on each reads – 4,735 mm X 1,770 mm X 1,900 mm (Sportivo X ), 4,480 mm X 1,680 mm X 1,830 mm (XT) and 4,480 mm X 1,680 mm X 1,765 mm (XT, XL & XS)
Isuzu Crosswind showcases a wheelbase of 2,680 mm that ensures an ample legroom for the passengers.
Engine and Performance
- One thing that remains common throughout Crosswind’s five trim line-up is its 2.5L 4JA-1L Direct Diesel Injected Turbocharged, Euro-2 mill.
- The said mill is capable of churning out a maximum power out of 85 PS at 3,900 rpm along with the peak torque of 185 Nm at 2,000 rpm.
- All the models are offered with a standard 5-speed manual gearbox. It was only in 2015 that Isuzu introduced Sportivo X and XUV trim with a 4-speed automatic transmission that transmits power to rear wheels.
- Its front profile gets multi-reflector halogen lamps that are connected via one-piece six-hole design radiator grille. Following it are present all-weather type fog lamps that add up to driver’s visibility.
- Moving on to the side, are present prominent wheel arches that house 15-inch (Sportivo X, XUV & XT)/14-inch multi-spoke wheels (XL, XS), 30 kg capacity roof rails, black aluminium side step board (Sportivo X & XUV), and power adjust, folding function integrated ORVM with turn indicators.
- The rear end of Crosswind gets a door-mounted spare tire, chrome oval-shaped tailpipe finisher (Sportivo X), and rear window wiper.
- Inside, you’ll find beige color perforated leather-vinyl combination seats.
- Front row seats come equipped with sliding and reclining function, second-row passengers get a full reclining seat with centre armrest and two adjustable armrests, and the front facing third-row seat comes with back pockets and two adjustable headrests.
- Taking care of passengers comfort are present dual fuel mode control air-condition system with rear blower controls.
- Crosswind offers ample amount of storage space, especially the XL variant that is considered the first choice for blooming entrepreneurs, as it offers a spacious boot (it misses the third row).
- On the entertainment front is present a Philips single in-dash DVD/CD/MP3/WMA/JPG Playback with front USB port. Supporting this system are present six speakers that are fitted to keep you engaged while on the go ( Front doors x 2, front tweeters x2 & rear doors x 2)
Safety & Security
Isuzu Crosswind comes equipped with all the basic safety gears along with standard equipment like child proof door locks, three-point emergency locking retractor front seat-belt, two-point non-retractable second-row seat and side door impact beams.
The top level Crosswind variant is stuffed with additional gears like LED high mount stop lamp reverse camera, reverse sensing system and vehicle alarm system.
Available Color Options
- Sportivo X – Cosmic Black, Hunter Green & Ash Beige
- XUV – Cosmic Black, Garnet Red, & Splash White
- XT – Cosmic Black, Garnet Red, Dark Silver & Splash White
- XL – Dark Silver & Splash White
- Isuzu Crosswind Price
- XS – Php 750,000
- XL – PhP 794,000
- XT – PhP 883,000 – PhP 908,000
- XUV – PhP 1,010,000
- Sportivo X – PhP 1,130,000 – PhP 1,215,000