- 1 Cup taro root
- 1 Cup Thick coconut milk
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Can condensed milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- Banana leaves
- 4 Coconut shells
- Cooking twine
- In a non stick pan, combine shredded taro root, coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and cook, stirring continuously for another 20 minutes.
- Fill each coconut shell with mixture, Make a well in the center and drop raw egg yolk.
- Cover the top with mixture and spread smoothly.
- Layer two pieces of banana leaves to cover the filled coconut shell and tie securely.
- Place in a steamer, cover and cook for another half an hour.
Credits to: filveggie.com