Served with Salad, Baked Zucchini Fries & Sorell. (optional example)
6 patties in 15 minutes
- Salmon Burgers
- 1 lb salmon filet (skin removed)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup soy free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt, pepper
- olive oil for greasing the pan or grill
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (I use the zest sometimes to)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper For taste
- Chop the salmon filet into small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl. I puréed my salmon.
- Gently stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat.
- Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form neat patties (can use a 1/2 cup as a measure). Sauté /grill the patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
- OR I had placed my patties under the Broiler for 15min.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together and mix well. Note: I prefer to use use fresh breadcrumbs, although you may use Panko or Gluten free crumbs instead. The crumbs keep the burgers moist and tender.
- To make a cup of fresh breadcrumbs, just place 4 slices of slightly stale (at least one-day old) bread in a food processor and process until breadcrumbs form.
- Lastly if you prefer to just have Salmon Patties without bread or buns simply serve with Steamed Veggies and maybe a Grain like Quinoa, Couscous or Brown Grain Rice
Credits to: Carla Muhammad