- 20 pcs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- spring onions for garnishing
- red chilies for garnishing
- Add the water and sugar into a saucepan. Mix it over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.Add in the chili sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and fish sauce. Stir and simmer it for at least 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and pour the sauce over them. Mix with a wooden spoon until everything is well combined. Marinate them, in the fridge, for at least an hour or overnight.
- After an hour, arrange the chicken on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Reserve the marinating sauce. Bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for at least 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, put the marinating sauce in a saucepan. Simmer it over medium heat for at least 10 minutes or until it bubbles, caramelizes, and thickens. Turn off the heat.
Remove the chicken from the oven and transfer it into a bowl. Pour the sauce over and mix it until the chicken is fully coated with the mixture.
- Serve the caramelized chicken wings on a platter. Garnish them with chilies and spring onions. Enjoy!
Credits to: cooknshare.com