(Pineapple Upside Down Cake)
No baking oven? No problem, In this article we are focusing how make Pineapple Upside Down Cake in Pressure Cooker. So your problem is solved now enjoy a delicious cake.
- All purpose flour1 ½ cups
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Butter/ghee 1 tbsp to grease the pan
- Sugar- 2 tbsp (to sprinkle)
- Pineapple round slices 6
- Cherries in syrup 11
- Eggs 2 large
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Oil/ Butter 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Pineapple Juice 3 tbsp (get from the tin)
- Sift the All purpose flour with baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Grease the cake pan with butter or ghee. Sprinkle two tbsp sugar in the pan and arrange the pineapple pieces on base and stud the centre and sides with glazed cherries.
- Take a mixing bowl and beat eggs until fluffy then mix in powdered sugar and salt. Add oil and beat then mix in milk and pineapple juice.
- Gradually add sifted flour, 1 tbsp at a time and fold it nicely.
- At this time the batter should be little runny if not then add some milk to get the consistency. Pour the batter on top of pineapple slices
- Keep a STEEL PLATE OR STAND inside the pressure cooker and heat it. To avoid burnt cake base, the pressure cooker should without gasket (black rubber kind thing) close the lid and heat the cooker on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Open the pressure cooker lid and carefully place the cake pan inside the cooker.
- Close the pressure cooker with the lid without gasket, do not keep the whistle on top and keep the flame to little above the simmer and allow to cook the cake for 30 minutes.
- After that open the lid and check the cake if it does not cook, close the lid again in same way and cook for more time until inserted skewer comes out clean. It can take total 40-45 minutes.
- Remove cake from pressure cooker and allow cooling for 10 minutes then running the knife will around the pan and inverting the cake over a plate and tapping at the bottom of the cake pan.
Credits to: lincyscookart.com