500g whole Garoupa fish or Sea Bass – season lightly with salt and pepper; dust lightly with tapioca flour or corn starch. Set aside.
( Note – if using pork of chicken, 500g of meat to be cubed and marinated with 1 small egg, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 pepper and 3 tbsps cornstarch. Set aside for at least 1 hour, but it tastes better the longer you marinate it. Set aside)
- 50g green capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1 red chilli, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 tomato, cubed
- Some canned pineapple cubes
- 1 large onion – cut into cubes
- 1 cup cubed deseeded cucumber
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps white vinegar
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple syrup (from the can)
- 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Cornstarch & water for thickening sauce
- Spring onion/Green onion
- Chilli strips
- Coriander leaves
- Deep fry meat in hot oil. Dish out, drain well and set aside in a serving dish.
- Heat wok with oil, saute chopped garlic and cubed big onions for 2 minutes.
- Add in sauce ingredients (except cornstarch) and bring to a boil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients A and simmer for 2 minutes. Thicken gravy with cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over meat and garnish before serving.
Credits to: happyhomemaker88.com