Russian pastry chef Olga Noskova makes a glossy like marbled mirrors cake, and her recipe remains a secret.
Nevertheless, Superdrew124 revealed this copycat recipe that only few people know. It will turn out exactly the same!
Now the secret Recipe Finally Revealed
MIRROR GLAZE (glaçage miroir)
- 20 g gelatin powder
- 120 g water
- 300 g glucose
- 300 g sugar
- 150 g water
- 200 g condensed milk
- 300 g white chocolate
- food color (pref: purple, black, food grade white titanium dioxide)
1) Bloom gelatin in warm water
2) Add together condensed milk, bloomed gelatine & white chocolate pcs
a) set aside
3) In saucepan, bring glucose, sugar & water just to boil (medium heat)
a) stir occasionally with silicone spatula
b) mixture’s ready when mixture is just beginning to boil (no need exact)
4) Pour the warm sugar mixture into condensed milk, gelatine & chocolate
a) combine everything with hand mixer
b) add in food grade titanium dioxide to whiten the preparation
c) mix again with hand mixer until all bubbles have disappeared.
d) optional: strain mixture if need to remove remaining bubbles
e) cover with cling film / plastic wrap
f ) allow to cool until 35C / 95F
5) add food coloring as needed then pour over cake then “streak” colors
a) It’ll take 15 minutes until fully cooled & solidified
b) It should be more like soft ganache-like gel than a hard shell
Note: pour then tilt cake on your turntable to allow glaze to cover and streak naturally. you need a lot of practice to spread manually yet allow it that natural look we admire in the best marble glazes!
Credits to: bakingfrenzy.com