2 to 3 cups chopped banana blossoms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
6 tablespoons cane vinegar
3 pieces long green chili pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup vegetable broth
Brine: 6 cups of water combined with 5 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Soak the chopped banana blossoms in the bowl with brine for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After soaking, squeeze tightly to release the sap from the banana blossoms. Place in a colander to drain the water. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the banana blossoms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the fish sauce and vegetable broth, Stir and let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Allow to re-boil, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the green chili and ground black pepper.Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn-off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com