32 ounces sliced dill pickles
2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
- Preheat eight cups of vegetable oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a large pot.
- Mix the milk, dill pickle juice, and egg in a small mixing bowl.
- Drain pickle slices and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the milk mixture over the pickles and toss until all slices are evenly coated with marinade.
- Drain the pickle slices again and reserve the milk mixture.
- Mix together the all-purpose with the whole wheat flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Dip the pickle slices into the flour mixture, back into the milk mixture, and then back into the flour mixture.
- Place the pickles in a deep fryer basket, or a wire colander with handles.
- Carefully lower the basket of pickles into the hot oil.
- Fry the pickles for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the pickles are golden and crisp.
- Remove the Fried Pickles from the oil and drain well on paper towels before serving.
Tangy Dipping Sauce
Combine 1 cup of prepared ranch dip with 2 tablespoons hot sauce.
Or add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder for an extra kick.
Serve and Enjoy!!
Credits to: copykat.com