2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 kg beef brisket, cut into 2″ cubes
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 tbsp Spanish paprika
1 1/2 tsp flour
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup beef stock
2/3 cup water
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 pinches saffron (optional)
3 medium tomatoes skinned and chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 c petite peas
- In a pan, heat olive oil and brown meat on both sides. Transfer meat to a casuela or stewing pot.
- Saute’ garlic and onions in the remaining oil over low fire until onion is transparent for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add paprika and flour, cook for another 5 minutes. Then add wine and bring to a boil.
- Transfer this to the casuela with the meat. Add beef stock and water, bring to a boil.
- Lower hear and simmer for about an hour and a half.
- Add the carrots, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper & saffron. Cook for another 25 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes, the peas a little more beef stock if necessary. Cook for another 20 -25 minutes until the potatoes are done.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste.
Credits to: myloveaffairwfood.blogspot.com