Pancit Batil Patong or Pancit Tuguegarao is made out of pansit miki Tuguegarao, minced carabao meat (water buffalo), bean sprouts and other vegetables topped with egg and chicharon. Batil Patong if directly translated means “beat the egg” for Batil and “placed on top” for Patong and that explains the egg on top.
Try it and let your family, friends & co-workers experience the great taste!
Preparation Time Cooking Time
15 minutes 25 minutes
- 500g Fresh Miki or Hokkien noodles
- 200g fatty pork belly, sliced into small pieces
- 200g premium minced beef or minced water buffalo
- 2 cups crushed chicharon, you can add more if you want
- ¼ head cabbage, sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- fish sauce, to taste
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- fried eggs
- Lime, Lemon or calamansi
HOW TO COOK
- Place wok in high heat then pour oil and add beef mince, stir fry until brown, season with salt and then set aside.
- Still on high heat add the pork pieces into the wok then cook until brown on all sides.
- Lower the heat to medium then add half of the garlic and onions, sauté for 1 minute.
- Put heat again on high then add the fresh noodles, 1 cup of chicken stock and soy sauce, carefully stir while cooking.
- Continuously stir while slowly adding the remaining chicken stock for at least 5 minutes.
- Flavour with fish sauce then stir in the bean sprouts. Remove noodles from wok, bean sprouts will cook in the remaining heat from the noodles then place on a large serving dish.
- Add oil to the wok then sauté the remaining garlic and onions, add the cabbages and stir fry for 2 minutes, season with fish sauce and pepper. Remove from wok then place on top of noodles.
- Spread cooked minced beef on top of vegetable.
- Spread crushed chicharon on top of minced beef.
- Top with cooked egg then serve with lime, lemon or calamansi.
Credits to: angsarap.net