- Instant Yeast 2 tsp
- Water 1 1/8 cups
- All-purpose Flour, sifted 3 3/4 cups
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Egg Yolks / Egg Yolks of 3 large eggs
- Evaporated Milk 1/4 cup
- Salted Butter 1/3 cup
- Egg Whites 1/4 cup
- Water 1 Tbsp
- Dissolve the instant yeast in 1/3 of the water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook or flat beater attachment, place the sifted all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Mix at low speed for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining water, egg yolks, evaporated milk, and pre-dissolve yeast to the mixture . Mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add butter and continue mixing at medium speed until gluten is slightly developed.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plasic.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Punch down the dough and divide into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
- Round each piece and let the dough rest for 25 minutes . Cover with plastic to prevent from drying.
- Flatten the dough then place the desired meat filling in the middle and gather the edges to seal.
- Arrange pieces on a 12″ times 16″ baking pan.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size (approximately 1 hour at room temperature).
- Brush top with beaten egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
Note: Ingredients may be mixed by hand. Be sure that all ingredients are incorporated well and the gluten must be developed.
Credits to: CTTO