- Instant Yeast 2 tsp
- Water 2/3 cup
- All-purpose Flour, sifted 3 3/4 cups
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Salt 2 tsp
- Eggs 3 large eggs
- Evaporated Milk 1/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter 1/3 cup
TOPPING per piece
- Unsalted Butter, creamed
- Cheddar Cheese, grated
Pre-heat oven to 325
- Dissolve instant yeast in 1/3 water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook or flat beater attachment, place the sifted all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Add the dissolve yeast remaining water, eggs, and evaporated milk. Mix at low speed for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the unsalted butter and continue mixing until gluten is slightly developed.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each. Round each piece.
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic to prevent from drying.
- Roll out the pieces thinly into 8″ times 5″ rectangles. Brush surfaces with butter.
- Roll each piece into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
- Place each piece in a greased ensaymada molder.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes at room temperature).
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Let the bread cool, then remove the molders.
- Brush the top of each ensaymada with creamed butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
Credits to: Goldilocks