- 4 Tablespoons 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 3 slices Bacon, Cut Into Pieces
- 3 whole Bell Peppers, Finely Diced (red, Yellow, Orange)
- 5 ears Corn, Kernels Sliced Off
- ¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Stock Or Broth
- 2 cups Half-and-half
- 1 cup (heaping) Grated Monterey Jack
- 1 cup (heaping) Pepper Jack
- ⅓ cups Sliced Green Onions
- Bread Bowls
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions for a couple of minutes. Add bacon and cook for another minute or so, then add diced bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, add corn and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over the top and stir to combine. Pour in broth and stir well. Allow this to thicken for 3 or 4 minutes, then reduce heat to low. Stir in half-and-half, then cover and allow to simmer/thicken for 15 minutes or so.
- Stir in cheeses and green onions. When cheese is melted and the soup is hot, check seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle into hollowed out boules and serve immediately.
Credits to: tastykitchen.com