- 1 loaf ciabatta, split in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red sauce
- 1 batch chicken Parmesan, fully cooked
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Adjust broiler rack to 8 inches below the heat source and preheat broiler to high. Place ciabatta cut-side-up on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place under broiler and cook until well browned and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer top bun to a large cutting board. Spread bottom bun with extra sauce and top with chicken cutlets, shingling them so they all fit in a single layer covering the bread (cutlets should already have sauce and some cheese on them).
- Top with more cheese. Return to broiler and cook until cheese is fully melted and starting to bubble and brown. Remove from oven and immediately close sandwich, pressing down firmly to seal. Let rest for 1 minute. Slice into 6 to 8 single-serving pieces and serve.
Credits to: seriouseats.com