- 4 seasoned and cooked chicken breasts
- two 28 ounce can of chopped or crushed tomatoes and juice
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of adobo sauce or 1 minced chipotle pepper and adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- poached eggs
- 1 head of trimmed cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 cups of cooked medium-grain rice
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- avocado for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the cooked chicken, tomatoes, yellow onion, garlic, adobo sauce and oregano into a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- In a bowl mix together the cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until combined and place the cauliflower on a ½ sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven on 425° for 15 minutes.
- Once the spicy chicken stew is done, serve with poached egg and along side the roasted cauliflower and cooked rice and garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and avocado.
Credits to: billyparisi.com