Ginataang Munggo or Ginataang Monggo is a simple Filipino dessert dish wherein toasted Mung beans and sticky rice are cooked in coconut milk.This recipe is almost the same as that of Ginataang Mais, except that the later uses corn.Ginataang Monggo is usually eaten as a snack during the afternoon. It is best served warm.
- ½ cup Mung beans
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup sticky rice, washed (malagkit)
- 6 to 7 tablespoons sugar
- Heat a pan and put-in the Mung beans.
- Toast the Mung beans until brown.
- Turn-off heat and let the mung beans cool down.
- Crack the toasted mung beans using a mortar and pestle (almires). Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in coconut milk. Let boil.
- Add the sticky rice and Mung beans then stir. Cook in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes while stirring once in a while, or until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
- Add sugar then stir.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve! You may serve this either hot or cold. I like having this cold with some extra coconut milk on top.
Credits to : panlasangpinoy.com