- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the remaining butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat along with the tomato sauce, heavy cream, salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then stir in caramelized onions.
- While the sauce is simmering, toss cubed chicken breast with vegetable oil until coated, then season with tandoori masala and spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 12 minutes. Once done, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
Credits to: allrecipes.com