- 2 cups chopped bottle gourd
- 10 pieces medium shrimp (shells and head removed), chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 15 pieces square wonton wrapper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the filling by heating 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
- Put-in the chopped gourd. Put-in the garlic powder. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Transfer to a plate. Let the temperature cool down.
- Wrap the mixture in the wonton wrapper. Do this by first lining the sides of the wrapper with beaten egg. Dip your finger into the beaten egg and run it through the side of the wrapper. Scoop about a tablespoon of mixture and place it in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper such that a triangular shape is formed. Press the sides to seal. Do this procedure until the entire mixture is consumed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a cooking pot.
- Deep fry the wontons with filings until the color turns medium to golden brown.
Transfer to a serving plate. Serve!
Share and enjoy!
Credits to: panlasangpinoy.com