- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 red chilies, sliced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil Coupons
- 12 oz. dried pho noodles
- A handful of fresh bean sprouts
- A handful of fresh mint
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- a handful of Thai basil
- Lime wedges
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for your noodles. Also bring the stock to a boil in a medium pot, along with the ginger, chilies, fish sauce, and sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Sear the chicken, and set aside.
- While that’s happening, boil the noodles according to package instructions. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls. Divide the broth and the chicken amongst the bowls, and garnish with bean sprouts, mint, cilantro, and basil.
- Squeeze over some lime juice, and add more fish sauce if desired.
Credits to: thewoksoflife.com