- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup diced jackfruit
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the diced jackfruit and let sit for about 10 minutes. The sugar draws out the juices and helps sweeten the jackfruit. This step is not necessary when using canned jackfruit, which is usually packed in its own syrup.
- Pulse the macerated jackfruit in a blender until almost pureed. Include all juices and syrup that accumulated in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the blender. Allow the ice cream to soften a bit so it is easier to blend and less work for the blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of milk over the ice cream.
- Blend the ingredients for about 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed and smooth. Add more milk 1 tablespoon at a time if the mixture seizes up and is difficult to blend.
Credits to: ehow.com