- Tofu – 500 Grams (Extra firm) (Chopped to bite size cube pieces)
- Garlic – 7-8 cloves (don’t peel the skin)
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Dry red chillies – 8-10
- White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder (or crushed pepper) – 1 tsp
- Chopped Green onions – to garnish
- Place the chilis, Ginger, sesame seeds,salt and garlic (with skin) in a blender and pulse it for 3-4 times. It should not be a smooth paste and it should turn into a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in pan in medium to low heat, add the spice mix and fry for 30 seconds and add then add the soy sauce, pepper powder and tofu cubes.
- Toss well for the spices and soy sauce to coat the tofu well. Fry for 2 minutes or so, till the tofu turns slightly golden and crispy on the outside.
- Garnish with chopped green onions or sesame seeds.
- You can even fry tofu and add this to the spice mixture if you want it very crispy.
- You can skip the ginger if you do not like it.
- You can use paneer, baby corn for the same recipe.
- If you can’t take this spicy tofu, use 4-5 chillies.
Credits to: relishthebite.com