- 1 cup munggo beans
- 1 lb. alugbati, leaves removed from stems
- 10-12 pcs medium shrimp, slice into 2 (3 parts including head)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced small
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil munggo beans until tender but not overcooked. Occasionally stir and add water if necessary and careful not to burn the beans underneath. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Sauté in order onions and garlic. Add shrimp and patis (fish sauce), continue to sauté until becomes red.
- Add boiled munggo beans an continue to saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add alugbati leaves and simmer in low fire for 3 minutes.
- You may remove the shrimp heads before serving if you wish.
Credits to: tilawanta.com