- 1 can bamboo shoots
- 1 can gata (coconut milk)
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, wash and antennas removed
- 1 pack dahon ng saluyot or jute leaves (may use dahon ng ampalaya or malunggay)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped small
- 2 tbsps. ginger, sliced thinly
- 4 tbsps. olive or any other type of cooking oil
- 2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 cup water
- Boil bamboo shoots in a pot for 10 minutes. Drain in running cold water and strain. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook the shrimps in 1 cup of water with 2 tbsps. cooking oil and 1 tsp. salt. Stir-fry until all sides of shrimps turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat cooking oil and saute in order garlic, ginger and onions until light brown. Add patis (fish sauce) and stir.
- Pour gata (coconut milk). Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked shrimps and bamboo shoots. Cover and simmer in medium low fire for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add saluyot (jute) leaves and simmer in low fire for another minute.
Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Credits to: tilawanta.com