- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups kalabasa (kabocha squash), pared, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- ½ lb small shrimps, tendrils trimmed
- salt to taste
- In a pot over medium heat, heat oil. Saute onions and garlic until cooked and fragrant.
- Add fish sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and let it simmer. Lower heat and continue to cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add squash and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimps and continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until squash is softened and shrimps have changed color.
- Season with salt or patis to taste.
Credits to: kawalingpinoy.com