- 1 pack (4 ounces) dried taro leaves
- 1/2 lb pork belly, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup salted dried fish (daing), shredded
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups coconut cream
- 10 pieces red chili
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger, sliced into strips
- 2 pieces long green chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine pork, dried fish, garlic, onion, ginger, coconut milk, and coconut cream in a cooking pot.
- Apply heat and let boil.
- Add the dried taro leaves and Thai chili (do not stir). Simmer until the liquid almost dries out. Note: This will take about 40 to 50 minutes. When you notice a strong scent of coconut, this can be a sign that it’s ready.
- Put-in the long green chili, salt, and pepper. Gently stir the ingredients and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
Credits to: philippinesfoodrecipes.wordpress.com